Seniors in Wine Country
Wine tours from Sydney
On Saturdays use your Pensioner Excursion Ticket to travel from Sydney to Morisset by CityRail. We provide connections to the Hunter Valley, included in the $2.50 price. Vineyard tours on the Wine Rover are available from $65 per person (groups of 10pax or more). We will get you back to Morisset in time for the return train to Sydney, arriving around 8:00pm.
Visit our Wine Rover page for more information.
Hunter Valley Package Holidays
We offer a range of Seniors Holidays highlighting the best of the Hunter Valley, featuring:
- Barrington Tops
- Port Stephens & Great Lakes
- Newcastle beaches
- Historic Maitland & Morpeth
- Lake Macquarie
- Pokolbin & Lovedale Vineyards
Start your tour from Cessnock, Newcastle, Maitland, Singleton or Wollombi. Why not hire your own coach for luxury travel and convenience?
We have selected the right accommodation at the right price. Stay at a quality Motel with old fashioned country style meals and service. The motels are centrally located in Cessnock and Maitland with easy access to local Clubs and services.
We can also include a wine tasting night with a local Hunter identity, a banquet dinner at a local Club for something different with entertainment on your last night. It all adds up to one of the best value holidays imaginable.
Why not incorporate one of the many fantastic events that take place in the Hunter? Check our Special Events menu for details.
Unlike some other group packages, your Hunter experience will be in style aboard one of new Mercedes-Benz Coaches with the very latest features. Our drivers are professionals, fully accredited and specially trained by us to look after your every need. Of course you will notice we are passionate about the Hunter, its people, history and culture, which will make your tour special.
Itinerary for our Hunter Discovery tour
- Welcome aboard! Travel to the Wine Country, Australia's oldest wine growing district.
- View famous wineries, charming guesthouses and internationally renowned resorts.
- Stop in and taste the wines, see the wine making process and learn about this fascinating industry.
- In Cessnock hear tales of its rich past interwoven with pioneers, convicts, miners and vignerons.
- Escape to the blue water wonderland of Port Stephens.
- Take a cruise and see the bottlenose dolphins that ride the bow waves, or any of the many other cruises that explore the waterways. (Don't forget whale watching cruises operate in June and July).
- Go sightseeing along golden beaches, rolling surf and crystalline bays that do indeed seem like paradise.
- Barrington Tops grandeur awaits. Head north through the ever-changing landscapes of the upper Hunter Valley and towns of Singleton and Muswellbrook.
- Detour along little known back roads past famous thoroughbred studs to Barrington Tops National Park, one of the natural wonders of NSW.
- Take in the breathtaking views and learn of the rare and fascinating rainforest within the Park.
- Free night tonight at a local Club, your choice of dining.
- Lazy days down on the Lake! Lake Macquarie Cruises are regarded as one of the finest cruise operators in Australia allowing you to explore the beauty of the largest salt water lake in Australia in style.
- The 4 hour cruise includes morning tea, a delicious smorgasbord lunch, commentary of the many interesting and historical features around the lake not forgetting the glorious sightseeing.
- This evening special entertainment to sing-a-long and dance!
- Explore the legacy of our colonial days with stately mansions, grand buildings and churches in Maitland.
- Visit Morpeth, once the busiest inland port in NSW, it is now an enchanting, turn-of-the-century village full of speciality, arts 'n crafts and antique stalls.
- Take a guided tour with a local celebrity and enjoy lunch on the River.
- In the mid afternoon farewell at the Railway Station or journey home by coach.